- The Metaphysical Center of New Jersey is a modern day Mystery School.
- We are a non-profit 501(c)(3)volunteer organization founded in 1956 by Donald H. Yott.
- We are dedicated to educating people through a 13 level course of study in Metaphysics and Parapsychology.
- MCNJ hosts a variety of events such as monthly lectures, workshops, field trips, ceremonies, book discussion and meditation groups.
is to educate, enlighten, and encourage spiritual consciousness. Through our classes and events, our aim is to help people evolve in consciousness by learning to apply the cosmic laws to their daily life. We believe in presenting people with many points of view so that they can choose what seems right for them.
“When the student is ready, the teacher appears.”
was designed and drawn by Alice Merz, an accomplished artist and highly intuitive metaphysician.
It was first used in April 1977. Each component of the logo symbolizes her inspired creation:
- The encompassing oval represents the All-Seeing Eye of God
- The circle in the “eye” denotes a state of Oneness with the Absolute and all creation
- The wings signify both Angelic support and the Soul Flight of Enlightenment
- The Yin Yang embodies a striving for physical and spiritual balance in life
involves MCNJ’s spiritual godfather, John Hay, who was the mentor to Donald H. Yott and directed him to establish a Metaphysical Center in northern New Jersey in 1956. A scholar of World Religions and Esoteric Philosophies, Donald taught the initial curriculum in the evening Adult School at Pompton Lakes High School where he was also on the faculty in the History department. Since that time, MCNJ has been in continual service still offering monthly lectures and events as well as our 13-level course of study in metaphysics and parapsychology.